9.16.2013

I'm Back

When I started this project just over four months ago, I knew there would be some days/nights that were more challenging than others, days in which it would be a struggle to find the time and energy to write something.  For the last month or so, I've been fighting those battles on a regular basis, missing days, then trying to make up days, writing in fits and starts.  This has only exacerbated the energy problem.

I had given up for a bit.  Maybe I needed a break.  Maybe I just thought that 3+ months was a valiant effort...

Over the weekend, though, I had a bit of a change of heart, or at least a change of mind.

I'm going to accept my transgressions, my missed days.  They are there.  I can't do anything to change them. I can, however, do something about today.  I want to write today.

So I'm back.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to write every day.  I may even decide that I want to write for yesterday, but I'm not going to let the gravity of my missed days prevent me from doing what I've promised to do today: write.  My goal was not to write 365 pieces; my goal was to write more often, to write on a daily basis.  If I get to 365, I'll be thrilled, but if I give up because I've missed a few weeks, then I'll regret that.

No regrets here.  Just writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be gentle... writing everyday creates an imbalance favoring quantity over quality